Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Goodbye for now..

This past week has been a hard one in our family. On Monday March 29th my dear Grandpa Schow left this world and his ailing body. Saying goodbye to him was a very hard thing to do, I was able to be there with my famiy to tell him I loved him as he left this life peacefully.

Gramps loved his family so much, and loved being a grandpa!

I hope that some of the great things he taught us through example can be passed down to my children. We were so lucky to have him in our lives. He was so loved and will be greatly missed!

Some of the things I want to remember about Gramps..

He was always smiling.

He always had something to laugh about.
He would tell us stories.

Every single time us kids left his house he would say "be a good doobie" even when I became an adut he said it, he said it to all of us every time! I will miss hearing that!!

My Grams would get nervous with us all running all over the place, (being the rowdy children we were) so he would take us downstairs and play "hide the penny" so she could have a chance to visit with the adults. His ears were big enough to hold the penny in his ear. We would get such a kick out of that! As soon as we got in the car to leave we were asking our parents for pennies to stick in our ears!! :)

He always insisted that we didn't leave the house unless he could feed us first. Egg Salad Sandwiches will always remind me of Gramps.

As long as I can remember he always would tell us how lucky he was to have married the most beautiful woman in the world. He always called my Grams Lou-Lou...I loved that nick-name he had for her.
In one of our most recent visits I made a comment to him about how much I admired his and Grams relationship and how lucky they are to have not only stayed married but stayed in LOVE for 66 years. He said "how could you not love a beauty like this? she's everything!" I will never forget the LOVE my Grandparents share. Your marriage is an insperation to us all, and just knowing that our Father in Heaven loves us so much that he gave us the Plan of Salvation and a Savior to teach us by example, so that we can remain together as families after our life on earth is over is such a comfort to me.
I LOVE you GRAMPS and know how much you are loved and will be missed.

2 comments:

Mandyloo said...

Thank you for your comment and also for your post. As I have read over yours I remember things I may not have had I not read it. I had forgotten "hide the penny". What an amazing grandpa we had. I too am so happy to have such great cousins and just wish that we all lived a little closer and were able to see each other more often!! Love you!

CHELZERS said...

So beautiful. It was a sad weekend, but I feel a little more hopeful and less sadness. I'm sure I will have sad moments, but reading your post helps me to remember the precious moments. So great to see you, even if just for a few minutes. Your family is gorgeous. I'm glad I will be able to keep up with you through your blog! Love ya!

Post a Comment